Chedz Deviled Eggs – Courtesy of Susan Hall
- 2 TBS Crushed Chedz Crumbs (Any Flavor) Use Gluten Free if preferred
- 6 Large Eggs Hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 TBS Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Sharp or Medium) Optional; can omit if preferred
- 1/2 TSP Dry Ground Mustard
- 1/2 TSP White Vinegar
- 1/8 TSP Salt
- 1/4 TSP Ground Black Pepper
- Crush Chedz finely to get about 2 teaspons of Chedz crumbs (more or less on preference) using a rolling pin, food processor or Magic Bullet.
- Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 20 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool. To cool more quickly, rinse eggs under cold running water.
- Fill the empty egg white shells with the yoke mixture and sprinkle each shell with Chedz crumbs (if serving immediately).
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one day before serving. If not serving right away, do not sprinkle Chedz crumbs on top as it gets soft in the refrigerator (which is ok if you do not prefer the crunchiness). Sprinkle Chedz right before serving.
Share this Recipe
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!