We love slow cooker meals, especially when they involve Chedz. Using Chedz crumbs in meat will give it a very tender texture and is extremely flavorful. Here is a yummy comfort food meal that will warm hearts!
- 2 LBS Ground Beef
- 1 Ounce Envelope dry onion soup mix 1 ounce packet
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Chedz Crumbs (Any Flavor) Use Gluten Free if opting to serve an all gluten free meal
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2-3 TBS Vegetable Oil
- 2 (10.75 ounce) Cans condense cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Ounce Packet dry au jus mix 1 ounce packet
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Onion Sliced in half moons. Omit if desired.
- 8 Ounces Sliced mushrooms Omit if desired.
- Crush Chedz crumbs finely using a rolling pin, food processor or Magic Bullet.
- Slice onion in half moons and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, Chedz crumbs, and milk using your hands. Shape into 8-10 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the patties in flour just to coat, and quickly brown on both sides in the hot skillet.
- Place browned patties into the slow cooker stacking each patty like a pyramid.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soups, au jus mix, and water. Pour over the meat.
- Add the onions, dipping them to submerge in liquid.
- Cook on the Low setting for 4 or 5 hours, until ground beef is well done. Occasionally stir the sauce.
- About 60 minutes before cooked time, add the sliced mushrooms and stir to ensure that they are submerged in sauce.
Share this Recipe