Looking for some extraordinary nachos that are very different? Try this simple Chedz Nachos recipe which is a great spin on the ordinary! The Chedz sticks are unbelievably delicious with the mix of ingredients. Use a mixture of Chedz flavors such as our Mexi and Spicy Chedz. If you are looking for a Gluten Free option, use any of our Gluten Free Chedz flavors. This recipe also provides the option of using a mix of Chedz sticks and corn chips which is also a yummy alternative!
<a href=”https://chedzsnacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/chedz-nachos-7.jpg”><img class=”alignnone size-medium wp-image-1021″ src=”https://chedzsnacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/chedz-nachos-7-225×300.jpg” alt=”chedz nachos 7″ width=”225″ height=”300″ /></a><a href=”https://chedzsnacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/chedz-nachos-1.jpg”><img class=”alignnone size-medium wp-image-1020″ src=”https://chedzsnacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/chedz-nachos-1-269×300.jpg” alt=”chedz nachos 1″ width=”269″ height=”300″ /></a><a href=”https://chedzsnacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/chedz-nacho-and-chips-7.jpg”><img class=”alignnone size-medium wp-image-1024″ src=”https://chedzsnacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/chedz-nacho-and-chips-7-225×300.jpg” alt=”chedz nacho and chips 7″ width=”225″ height=”300″ /></a>
- 1.25 Ounce Package taco seasoning mix
- 1 LBS Ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 12-16 Ounces Chedz Sticks (Any Flavor) Use more or less depending on preference to meat ratio. Also use a mix of Chedz flavors if desired. This equates to 3-4 bags of Chedz.
- 1-1.5 Cups Shredded cheddar cheese Or mix of Mexican cheese if preferred. Use more cheese if desired.
- 15.5 Ounce Can refried beans Optional if you like beans. We omitted.
- 1 Cup Salsa More or less depending on preference.
- .5-1 Cup Sour cream To taste
- 10 Ounce Can pitted black olives, drained and chopped Or purchase the pre-sliced olives; about a cup or more or less to taste. Omit if preferred.
- Optional To Taste Onions If preferred, add diced green or white onions to taste. We omitted.
- Optional To Taste Sliced jalapeno peppers If preferred, add sliced sliced jalapeno peppers to taste. We omitted.
- Preheat broiler to 350 degrees.
- Cook and stir ground meat of choice in a skillet over medium heat until meat is crumbly and no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain excess grease. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water and simmer until beef mixture has thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread tortilla chips on the prepared baking sheet; top with Cheddar cheese or other cheese of choice and add refried beans (if using) and meat mixture.
- Broil in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, watching carefully to prevent burning, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top nachos with salsa, sour cream, black olives, green onions, and jalapeno peppers.
This recipe was inspired by: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/51147/super-nachos/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringContentType=search%20results&clickId=cardslot%202