Love mushrooms? Spruce them up with Chedz! This recipe can be fried or roasted in the oven.
- 2-3 TBS Crushed Chedz Crumbs (Any Flavor) Go Gluten Free if preferred
- 8 Ounce Container of Mushrooms
- 3-4 TBS olive oil Use vegetable oil if desired
- 2 Cloves Garlic Chopped finely
- 3 TBS Butter Salted or unsalted
- 1/2 TSP Dried Garlic Powder
- 2 TBS Dried Oregano You can choose to use other spices such as Thyme; fresh or dried
- 1.5 TBS Fresh Lemon Juice Or from bottle
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- If baking, preheat the oven to 400F.
- Crush Chedz finely into crumbs using a food processor, rolling pin or Magic Bullet.
- Clean mushroom caps with a wet paper towel. You should have about 16-18 pieces.
- Chopped garlic cloves finely.
- If frying, add 3-4 TBS of olive oil in a pan on medium low heat.
- Add chopped garlic cloves to oil and fry until fragrant; be careful not to burn.
- Add mushrooms and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add butter and toss mushrooms.
- Add fresh lemon juice, toss thoroughly.
- Add spices: Oregano, Dried Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper to taste. Toss thoroughly.
- If baking, arrange the mushrooms in a a 9x13 cooking dish
- Melt the butter in microwave or stove top.
- Add garlic, dried garlic, Oregano, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Add Chedz crumbs and mix thoroughly.
- Pour evenly over mushrooms.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or golden around the mushroom caps.
This recipe was inspired by: http://cakescottage.com/2014/05/24/roasted-mushrooms-garlic-thyme/
Share this Recipe