Chedz Baked Onion Ringz
- 1 Onion (Cut into rings)
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 TSP Salt Or to taste
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 4 Ounce Chedz (Any flavor) Crumbs
- 1 TBS olive oil
- This recipe will make a crunchy batter. This crunch batter recipe was adapted from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jeff-mauro/oven-fried-onion-rings-recipe.html For a softer batter and lower carbs, see below adapted by Hall Brands. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place parchment paper on one baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine the flour and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and buttermilk together. Add half of the flour mixture into the buttermilk and mix until smooth and thickened.
- Crush the Chedz into crumbs consistency using a rolling pin or food processor.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Chedz, olive oil and remaining salt.
- Lightly and carefully dredge the onion rings in the flour, then buttermilk batter, and finally the Chedz mixture. Arrange on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until golden brown, watching carefully to ensure that Chedz crust does not burn; about 10-15 minutes.
- For a lower carb option that yields soft but tasteful onion rings: INGREDIENTS: -1 onion -1 TBS olive oil -1 TSP salt or to taste -4 OUNCE Chedz Crumbs (Any Flavor)
- INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Crush the Chedz into crumbs consistency using a rolling pin or food processor and put in a bowl. 2. Add salt to Chedz crumbs. 3. Place cut rings in a bowl and add 1 TBS and mix. 3. Put oiled onion rings in the Chedz crumbs mix and carefully stir. Pat loose Chedz crumbs onto rings. 4. Place each ring on the baking sheet. 5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes; ensuring that Chedz crumbs do not burn. ENJOY!
Share this Recipe
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!