Make this slow cooker chicken carnitas and add Chedz crumbs toppings to kick it up a cheesy notch for a Cinco de Mayo party or quiet family dinner.
- 1.5-2 lbs Skinless Chicken Breasts Or you can use 1 full rotisserie chicken; peel meat from bones (this was our preferred choice for this recipe)
- 14.5 Ounce Chicken Broth 1 can
- 1 Small White Onion, Diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves Peeled and minced
- 1 TBS Chipotle Powder
- 2 TSP Cumin
- 1 TSP Black Pepper
- 1-3 TSP Chili Powder Use 1 TBS if you really prefer the heat
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 Fresh Limes Optional
- 2-4 Ounce Chedz (Any flavor) Crumbs More or less if you prefer
- To Taste Cilantro Optional garnish
- Add the first 9 ingredients in a slow cooker: chicken, broth, onion, garlic, chipotle, cumin, black pepper, chili powder, and salt. Add lime juice if preferred. Gently toss to combine.
- Serve on tacos, burritos, salads, rice, etc.
- Crush the Chedz sticks into fine crumbs using a rolling pin, Magic Bullet or food processor. Sprinkle to taste for an extra cheesy crunch.
- Garnish with cilantro if preferred.
The chicken can be refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 3 days, or frozen in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
Share this Recipe