- 12 Ounce Okra (About 29 sticks)
- 1 TSP Salt Or to taste
- 1/4 TSP Black Pepper Or to taste
- 1/8 TSP Garlic Powder Or to taste
- 1-2 Cups Vegetable Oil
- Wash Okra and pat with paper towel but not thoroughly dry as spices and Chedz crumbs need to stick to moisture.
- Cut Okra ends and discard. Cut Okra into thin coins and put in bowl.
- Add 1 tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, and 1/8 garlic powder and toss in bowl.
- Crush Chedz finely; bread crumbs consistency.
- Add Chedz crumbs to okra mix and stir.
- Heat 1-2 cups oil (depending on pan size; need enough to cover Okra pieces).
- Add Okra to oil and fry until golden brown and crisp.
- Add more salt, black pepper, or garlic powder to taste if desired.
- *For healthier option, arrange the okra slices in one layer on a foil lined cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Share this Recipe