We love comfort food, especially when it is cold outside. But, since Chedz was inspired by Southern roots, we love comfort food year round! Chedz chicken noodle casserole is simple to make and is a very kid friendly entree. Topped with Chedz crumbs and it has more pizzazz than the average casserole! Try this and our other casserole recipes.
- 1 LBS Uncooked pasta Egg noodles or other pasta as preferred
- 2-2.5 Cups Shredded cooked chicken Options: Rotisserie chicken, cooked chicken breast, or 2 cans of Canned Premium Chunk Chicken Breast, 12.5 Oz
- 1 Cup Milk
- 10 Ounce Can cream of chicken soup
- 10 Ounce Can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 TBS Onion, minced Omit if not preferred
- 3 TBS Melted Butter
- 1/2 TSP Garlic Powder
- 2-4 Ounces Crushed Chedz Crumbs (Any Flavor) To taste. This equates to 1/2 bag to 1 full bag.
- Optional Frozen peas, corn, carrots To taste; about 5-10 ounces
- Optional Olive oil or vegetable oil For seasoning cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Crush Chedz into fine crumbs with a rolling pin, food processor or Magic Bullet. Set aside.
- Boil egg noodles or other pasta of choice according to package directions. Drain water.
- Optional step: Season cooked chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. You can skip this step if preferred and just add unseasoned cooked chicken.
- In the 9x13 baking dish or a separate large bowl, combine all the other remaining ingredients (except the melted butter). Include the frozen vegetables if desired.
- Add cooked noodles to mixture. Gently stir to combine everything. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle Chedz crumbs to taste on top of casserole.
- Melt butter and pour evenly on top of Chedz crumbs.
- Cover with foil.
Share this Recipe