Chedz Smokies – Courtesy of Susan Hall
Serve these easy to make Chedz Smokies at a party, Super Bowl or game day and they will surely go fast! Guests will love the surprise Chedz crunch in the middle! It just takes a few ingredients to whip these up just in time for your event. The recipe is easy to double or triple!
- 12 Sticks Chedz (Any Flavor)
- 12 Pieces Lit’l Smokies®
- 3 Panels Thawed puff pastry sheets
- 1/4-1/2 Cups Cheddar cheese Use cheese of choice if preferred. 1/2 cup wil be needed if adding cheese inside puff pastry.
- 1 Egg wash
- To Taste Salt
- Optional Poppy seeds To taste if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 puff pastry dough sheet (has 3 panels) flat.
- Cut the 3 panels down each seam so that you will have 3 separate sheets.
- Cut each panel into 4 pieces (about 2 x 3). In total, you will have 12 pieces of dough after cutting the 3 panels into four pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and salt for egg wash.
- Roll each Chedz Lit’l Smokies® in 1 puff pastry piece. Add shredded cheddar cheese on top of Smokies if preferred or omit. Seal with some egg wash. Repeat until finished.
- Place pastry-wrapped Chedz Smokies on parchment-lined baking sheets (seems down) and lightly brush with remaining egg wash. Sprinkle with poppy seeds (optional). Please note: Ensure that seems are secure with egg wash as it will puff up and tear during baking if not secure.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of Chedz Smokies (about 1/4 cup).
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 10-12 minutes. Watch carefully after 10 minutes to ensure tops do not burn.
Share this Recipe