Chedz Jalapeños Rings & Cheese Crisps – Courtesy of Susan Hall
This is a recipe that you can make and have 2 different types of appetizers at one time! If you want to bring the Chedz heat up an extra notch and you like jalapeños, definitely try this!
- 2 Medium Jalapenos
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 3 TBS Chedz (Any Flavor)
- 1/8 TSP Salt, Onion or Garlic Powder Or to taste or use any combination
- 6 Slices Naturally Aged Cheese Slices Can use a combination: Parmesan, Swiss, Provolone, Havarti, Colby. Cut into half.
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
- Crush Chedz into fine crumbs by using a rolling pin, food processor or Magic Bullet.
- Slice your jalapeno into thin slices or rings. Cut out seeds if you don't want them spicy.
- Toss jalapeno slices or rings with olive oil, Chedz crumbs, and your choice of spices: onion powder, garlic powder and/or salt,
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until jalapeno slices are crispy.
- Lower oven temperature to 400 F degrees. Place the jalapenos slices on another plate or tray. Re-line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut choice of cheese slices in half.
Recipe inspired by: http://www.cottercrunch.com/gluten-free-low-carb-baked-jalapeno-cheese-crisps/
Share this Recipe